Your Source for All Things Herring...



Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fyvush Finkel Knows Herring


Fyvush Finkel, star of Yiddish theater, television, and Broadway says:
Fyvush Finkel
" I don’t plan to retire; they’ll have to retire me. I want to re-open my revue, Fyvush Finkel Live! My dream is it should have an open-end run, that it should last a while, and people would come to see it.
At the age of 90, I want to make sure that my children are well taken care of when I’m not around, and to guide them, be around, keep them company. And my health! You’ve got to watch the way you eat. My doctor yells at me: “You’ve got to learn to eat like an 80 year old man! You can’t eat like you’re 20!” I watch my diet, try to lower my cholesterol. But of course, every now and then I take a steak. Don’t forget, I‘m Jewish, you gotta have a steak.  And herring. Once in a while, you have to cheat a little."

No comments:

Post a Comment